Thursday, January 28, 2010

My How Time Flies!

Wow - hard to believe that it's been 6 weeks since I posted here! A lot has happened...let's see...oh, yeah! I finished last semester with 4.o's in all my classes (I guess I wasn't thinking about A being from 96%-100% - I just assumed that if I didn't have 100% I wouldn't get the A. Silly me!). Took the GRE and scored 720 on the verbal and 570 on the quantitative, with a 5.0 on the analytical writing. Not quite as good as I might have liked (yes, I have really unrealistically high expectations for myself!), but pretty darned good nonetheless. I've put in one application for grad school that was due on January 15th, and have another due on February 15th, for which I just received one of my recommendation letters.

The new semester started on January 12th, and so far it looks to be just as interesting as the last one. I think I'm really going to enjoy Phonetics! (Although I may be in the minority there among my classmates.) Also have Intro to Speech Science, Organic and Neurological Communication Disorders, and Language and Phonological Disorders. Should be a busy semester! Of course, I have group projects due in 3 of the 4 classes, but we're starting early on 2 of them, and for those two, we got to pick our own groups so that won't be so bad. I'll reserve judgement on the third until I see how the group works together.

On a family note, I flew to Colorado Springs for a couple of days over New Year for my little sister's wedding. It was really fun - she didn't want to make a big deal over it, so it was a small family affair with just me, her daughter, her son and his girlfriend, her fiance's parents and his brother. And her fiance, of course, and the officiant. They rented a room with a view at the Broadmoor, and got married on the balcony overlooking the Rocky Mountains at sunset. It was lovely, and we all wore our pajamas. Yup, that's right, she didn't want anyone to spend money or have to worry about dressing up, so she decided to be comfy rather than fancy and asked everyone to wear jammies. I bought new ones for the occasion. Then we all went to Macaroni Grill for dinner. It was very low-key and actually quite touching.

I suppose that's it for now. I should have more to say, but I've been in class all day, and I'm tired and my furnace isn't working properly so it's really cold in here!

No comments:

Post a Comment