Sunday, October 7, 2012

Heigh ho, heigh ho...

Tonight I'm a little nervous, a little excited, and a lot frantic - tomorrow I start a new job!  After 3 years of post-bachelor work and earning my master's degree in speech-language pathology, I finally found a position with a contract company and I start tomorrow as an SLP in an elementary school.  Now I just have to hope I remember everything I've learned over the past 3 years!

The interview was only last Monday, and everything went very fast after that - I found out within an hour of interviewing that I was the candidate they wanted, and the rest of this past week has been spent filling out paperwork, getting fingerprinted, filling out more paperwork, getting my drug screening done, filling out more paperwork, and taking some online tests for OSHA (the contract company also places a lot of people in medical settings, so I guess it is standard practice for all their new employees to need information about bloodborn pathogens, tuberculosis, and HIPAA (well, SLP's need to know about HIPAA too, so that didn't surprise me.  Plus, if I ever want to work in a hospital or skilled nursing facility, I'll need the other stuff as well).

Plus, last week I was dogsitting, so I wasn't even at home.  I've been doing a lot of running back and forth.  I'm sleeping at home tonight for the first time in over a week, and now I need to get my clothes together, and gather up all the things I might need tomorrow, and figure out what I'll be packing for myself and the boy for lunch tomorrow, and be ready to drive my husband to pick up his rental car before I go to work in the morning (because he is going out of town for the week tomorrow).  It never stops.  But now I'm gainfully employed, so that's okay.  What a relief.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment